This is that go-to, quick meal for weeknights or perfect to make and freeze ahead of time. It is also one of my favorites when a friend has had a baby or surgery. Everyone likes this cheesy taco-y goodness!
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 1lbs)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 can chicken broth (13 ¾ oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 package Taco mix
- 1 can of corn (12 oz) (frozen works too- just defrost first)
- 1 green or red pepper – diced
- 1 ½ cup dry minute brown rice
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- Tortilla chips
Dice raw chicken into bite sized pieces. Place oil in pan on medium high heat. Add chicken and brown.
Once browned, add broth, tomato sauce, peppers, corn, and taco mix. Bring to a boil.
Once it is at a full rolling boil, add rice and return to boil. Cover, turn to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir, let stand for 5 more minutes. Stir one last time, sprinkle with cheese and put the lid back on for a minute or two until melted. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Topping suggestions: sour cream, green onions or jalapenos.
Serves 4. GREAT to freeze!